The Pixelmator Team has released a major update of Pixelmator, easy-to-use and feature-packed image editing software for the Mac. Designed to take full advantage of OS X Mountain Lion and the new MacBook Pro with Retina display, Pixelmator 2.1 adds support for iCloud, a new Effects Browser with new Vintage and Miniaturize effects, smart Alignment Guides and several other enhancements.
“Pixelmator continues to be a big hit among both professional and amateur image editors, and we’re thrilled to deliver even more features at a very affordable price,” says Saulius Dailide of the Pixelmator Team. “With support for Mountain Lion, iCloud and the new Retina display, Pixelmator 2.1 is ideal for Mac users looking to tap into their creativity with a full-featured, easy-to-use image editing app.”
In 2011, just four short years after the company was founded, the Pixelmator Team was honored with an Apple Design Award, and Apple named it Mac App Store App of the Year in December 2011.
The new Effects Browser takes the guesswork out of selecting effects by collecting, organizing and providing an animated preview of all of Pixelmator’s Color Adjustments, Blur, Distortion, Tile and dozens of other effects, together in one helpful palette. Users can also use the browser to tag and access Favorites in one place.
Pixelmator 2.1 also introduces several brand new effects, including the Vintage, Miniaturize, Black and White, Snow and Rain effects. With the Vintage effect, users get eight new photo filters that give pictures the look of old image processing and bring to mind photos from other eras. Meanwhile, the Miniaturize effect makes real-world scenes appear scaled down to size with a few clicks. It’s an optical illusion that gives ordinary objects in photos the endearing look of a toy model only inches tall.
Building precisely aligned image compositions is now short work in Pixelmator 2.1, with the new smart Alignment Guides. This new feature lets users position objects with pinpoint accuracy and build compositions quickly by using individual objects or image elements. The Alignment Guides gracefully appear and disappear onscreen as they are needed, while Object Spacing automatically shows when objects are equally spaced on the canvas.
A powerful, pixel-accurate collection of selection tools
- Quickly and easily select any part of an image
- Edit and apply special effects to portions of your pictures
- Select and remove unwanted elements of your photos
- Cut out objects from one image to place in another
Top-notch painting tools
- Paint with Pixelmator as you would on canvas
- Use different brush sizes, shapes, hardness and blending modes
- Cover any area with beautiful gradients and color fills
New drawing tools
- Easily add, create, combine and edit shapes
- Pre-drawn shape tools allow quickly adding lines, circles, rectangles, polygons and stars into your compositions
- Effortlessly add shadows and adjust fill and stroke settings for shapes
- Create buttons, icons, web page elements, illustrations and much more
- Correct wrinkles and repair scratches
- Make flaws vanish from your photos, or improve compositions
- Remove unwanted objects seamlessly from their backgrounds
- Blur, sharpen, lighten or darken specific areas
- Get rid of the red eye effect with just one click
- Combine different tools and filters for an endless number of ways to refine your images
A real filter-machine
- Over 150 breathtaking filters and special effects
- Combine different effects for unique, near-effortless artistic creations
- See the stunning results in real-time
An elegant collection of professional-grade color correction tools
- Adjust exposure, hue, saturation, shadows and highlights, brightness, contrast and much more
- Replace and remix colors
- Dramatically improve less-than-perfect images with one click
- Designed for intuitive ease of use
- Send your images directly to iPhoto or Aperture
- Open and save images using PSD, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, PDF and many other popular formats
- Open and save Photoshop images with layers
iCloud, sharing, and saving for the web
- Let iCloud automatically store your edited images and seamlessly take your work to all your Macs
- Email your photos and image creations right from Pixelmator
- Publish your images to social applications like Flickr, Twitter and Facebook
- Optimize and save images for use on your web pages, blogs, photo albums and more
Built exclusively for OS X
- Pixelmator uses all the latest OS X technologies: Cocoa, 64-Bit, OpenGL, Core Image, iSight, Automator, Quartz Composer and much more
New in Version 2.1:
Pixelmator 2.1 is a major update introducing several new features and improvements, including the following:
- Retina-Ready: Both Pixelmator’s friendly user interface and its powerful image editing engine are now optimized for the Retina display.
- iCloud: Built right into the app and keeps your Pixelmator work up to date across all your Macs.
- Effects Browser: The best and the most fun way to browse: instantly preview and quickly apply special effects or add color adjustments to images.
- New Effects: Use the new Vintage, Miniaturize, Black and White, Rain, and Snow effects.
- Alignment Guides: Quickly position, align, and evenly distribute objects in your Pixelmator compositions with pinpoint accuracy.
- OS X Mountain Lion Support: Pixelmator takes full advantage of all the latest and greatest technologies.
OS X 10.6.8 or later
Pixelmator 2.1 is available exclusively from the Mac App Store for a limited-time price of $14.99 (USD) – a substantial savings off the usual price of $59. It is also available as a free update for existing users.
Purchase and Download: