LifeProof have announced the LifeProof Fré, a waterproof, dirtproof, snowproof and shockproof case for the Apple iPhone 5. The most recent in a line of industry-defining cases, providing protection from Mother Nature as well as from drops, scratches, sweat, dirt and other hazards of daily living.
The LifeProof Fré was custom engineered to protect and enhance the thinner, more sensitive iPhone 5 and to optimize every feature and function, including the speakers, volume controls, larger touch screen, and enhanced Front and back cameras. The case protects the headphone jack and charge port, while ensuring they are fully accessible. Additionally, the case protects the speakers and microphones while actually improving the speaker sound, and the clear window on the back showcases the beauty of the Apple design.
LifeProof claims that the Fré went through independent lab testing to meet military standards for shock and impact protection, and has an IP-68 rating for water, dirt, and snow protection. In addition, every single LifeProof case is water-tested at the factory before shipping to customers. Yet the LifeProof case adds only 1.5mm of thickness to the footprint of the phone.
“Thanks to an army of engineers working 24/7 on three continents, the LifeProof Fré for iPhone 5 is our sleekest, most elegant case yet,” says Gary Rayner, CEO of LifeProof. “We’re extremely proud to be able to offer a first-class iPhone 5 case to the millions of users who want the Freedom to take their iPhone 5 everywhere their life, adventures or work takes them.”
The LifeProof Fré comes in both black and white colors and is priced at $79.99. The LifeProof Fré is available exclusively at Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile specialty stores nationwide and at:
LifeProof Fré for iPhone 5 Features:
• Lightweight and sleek, weighs only 1.05 oz / 29.8 grams
• Waterproof and fully submersible down to 6.6 feet / 2 meters.
• Ingress protection rated to IP-68 and completely sealed from water and dust particles.
• Shock proof to Military Standard 810F-516 to withstand drops from 6.6 feet / 2 meters.
• LifeProof’s CrystalClear double anti-reflective (AR) coated camera-grade glass lens delivers the sharpest images possible, with perfect camera flash operation.
• LifeProof’s ClearVoice system takes full advantage of the iPhone 5 microphone and Siri voice activation while in the case.
• LifeProof’s patent-pending Sound Enhancement System (SES) improves the bass and mid-Fréequency speaker response by utilizing the back of the case as a sub-woofer for a richer, fuller sound.
For more information, visit: