With Adobe migrating Photoshop to a subscription-only online service at $50 a month, it’s expected that many users will be checking out more economical substitutes.
So it’s timely that the Pixelmator Team has released Pixelmator 2.2, a major update of their innovative, easy-to-use, fast and powerful image editing app. Pixelmator 2.2 Blueberry features new, easy-to-use Smart Shape, Move and Paint Selection Tools, and a new Light Leak effect for creating retro-artistically illuminated images. Pixelmator 2.2 Blueberry is available today as a free update from the Mac App Store.
“We’re excited to deliver even more, easy-to-use, advanced features to our Pixelmator fans and continue to create the best and most enjoyable image editing experience,” saidys Saulius Dailide of the Pixelmator Team. “With new state-of-the-art Smart Shape Tools, people can fully enhance their images, create logos, Web layouts, posters, and much more, all easier than ever before.”
Pixelmator 2.2 Blueberry comes with more than 100 new features and improvements, including:
* Smart Shapes Tools, which let you quickly adjust a shape’s outline with easy-to-use controls to get just the look you’re after
* Shapes palette packed with dozens of readily available shapes that are as easy to add as dragging and dropping
* Shape Style palette, so you can effortlessly create more polished and advanced shapes
* Convert Text into Shape, which allows you to convert type layers to shape layers and then easily apply gradients, shadows, strokes, or even reshape individual letters
* Smart Move Tool, which knows when you are working with image or shape layers and gives you just the options you need at that time
* Paint Selection Tool, which is the simplest and the fastest way to make even the most challenging selections in your images with just a few brush strokes
* Light Leak effect, which makes it easy and fun to create stunning, retro-artistically illuminated images from any of your photos
Additional features include the new Color Popovers for quicker access to color swatches, new gradient presets, improved drawing tools, an improved Type Tool, the ability to copy and paste shape styles, and major performance improvements.
* OS X 10.6.8 or later
* 29.0 MB
Pixelmator 2.2 is available from the Mac App Store at a promotional price of $14.99 (USD). For existing Pixelmator customers who purchased the app from the Mac App Store, the new update is free. More information and a free 30-day trial can be found at Pixelmator online.
Purchase and Download (MAS):