Actron will release the Actron U-Scan in early June, providing vehicle diagnostics directly to a vehicle owners smartphone. Plugging directly into a vehicles OBD II port, users can instantly communicate with their vehicle via a free app on their iOS or Android device. Using Bluetooth wireless connectivity, U-Scan assists vehicle owners in diagnosing and resolving automotive issues, saving time and money.
In celebration of Fathers Day, Actron will be giving away 25 new U-Scan diagnostic tools leading up to Fathers Day. Fans can post their favorite father-son or father-daughter picture on Actrons page (http://www.Facebook.com/ActronTools) and, via the promotions tab, enter to win a free Actron U-Scan. All contestants must like the Actron Tools page in order to enter.
Compatible with all 1996 and newer cars and light trucks, the U-Scan base model features:
• Emissions info, vital to users in states requiring annual emissions tests
• QuickCheck, summarizing vehicle emissions codes and definitions; erases codes and turns off check engine light
AutoID, to automatically identify most model year 2000 and newer vehicles
• TrueLink, guaranteed to link to all 1996 and newer vehicles
• Vehicle Activity Log, providing a history of vehicle tests and procedures
• MyGarage vehicle manager for quick and easy access to vehicle data
“The U-Scan and mobile app is the next generation in vehicle diagnostic wireless technology at a fantastic price point, says Jennifer Grabowski, U-Scan Product Manager of Diagnostics. “Moreover, the app is fully upgradeable. Users can add available key features they have come to expect from Actron diagnostic tools.”
Available U-Scan upgrades include:
• CodeConnect, offering more than 4.3 million Top Reported Fixes, prioritized by most likely fix, specific to the vehicles make, model and year, and verified by our ASE certified technicians
• ABS code definitions related to warning lights for most 1996 and newer GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda, Hyundai, Nissan and Toyota vehicles
• Manufacturer-specific code definitions and live data, allowing users to view and graph engine RPM, coolant temperature and more for a faster diagnosis and fix
“As powerful as the base model is, U-Scan available upgrades give users more features for full vehicle diagnostics, including the benefits of ABS data, live data and CodeConnect to get them back on the road safely and quickly,” says Grabowski.
Actron products can be found at most major automotive retailers.
Video demonstrations of Actron Tools, including the Actron U-Scan, can be viewed at the company’s YouTube page, http://www.YouTube.com/ActronTools, featuring expert fabricator Bryan Fuller.
For more information on Actron Tools and the Actron U-Scan, visit:
http://www.Actron.com or call 800.228.7667.
Actron, a Bosch Automotive Service Solutions brand, is a major manufacturer and supplier of consumer and DIY electronic automotive diagnostic equipment and specialty servicing tools. Actron products are designed to help DIYers diagnose vehicle issues quickly and easily while saving money. For more information on Actron, visit: