CrystalIdea Software Inc.’s free Macs Fan Control utility is a software solution to:
• Noise problems e.g. caused by iMac HDD replacement
• Overheating problems e.g. on Macbook Pro
Change fan speed:
• Set any constant value to any fan (e.g. minimum)
• Control fan speed in relation to a temperature sensor (e.g. 3rd party HDD)
The utility is available in two versions:
Macs Fan Control for Mac OS X (6.3 MB, for Intel Macs)
Macs Fan Control for Windows (Boot Camp) (4.5 MB)
Mac OS X users: If you’re unable to run Macs Fan Control because of GateKeeper warning, do a right click and select Open from the context menu the first time you run it. The first time you run the program it may take up to 10 seconds to start.
• Real-time monitoring of Mac’s fans speed and temperature sensors including 3rd party HDD/SSD (using S.M.A.R.T.)
• Display of tray icon (menu bar icon on Mac OS)
• Compatibility with Windows XP/7/8 and Mac OS X 10.6 and higher
Note: this program is for advanced users who know how to use it without doing harm to their Macs. The authors are not liable for data loss, damages, profit loss or any other types of losses connected with the use or misuse of the program.
For more information, visit: