Samsung Electronics America, Inc. has announced the Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition tablet will be available in the U.S. beginning Oct. 10. Pre-orders began being accepted at midnight ET Sept. 27.
“Last year’s launch of the Galaxy Note 10.1 introduced the integration of S Pen capabilities to the tablet category and created a new experience for consumers,” says Travis Merrill, vice president of tablet marketing at Samsung Electronics America. “We continue to evolve the Galaxy Note experience with the new Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition. With premium software features and a sophisticated design, we’re delivering an exceptional and even more engaging tablet experience.”
With improved S Pen capabilities, display and updated Multi-Window functionality, the new Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition delivers what Samsung calls “an intelligent tablet experience”. The Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition has been refined with a textured and stitched back cover that is both stylish and makes the device more comfortable to hold. With an overall smaller size and lighter weight, the new Galaxy Note tablet has smaller bezels and a thinner profile, without sacrificing screen size.
“The Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition builds on Samsung’s innovative tablet foundation,” says Nanda Ramachandran, vice president of emerging business at Samsung Telecommunications America. “With its advanced functionality and expanded features, the Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition offers a best- in-class tablet experience that enables new conveniences to empower users to excel in everyday tasks.”
Display Quality and Multitasking
Samsung’s Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition features a large “Super Clear” LCD display that is clained to offer brighter colors and more lifelike graphics. The 2,560 x 1,600 pixel WQXGA display contains over 4 million pixels, offering a “dynamic viewing experience.” To complement the high-resolution display, Samsung introduces a new magazine-style user interface called “My Magazine,” that allows users to organize the latest news, social feeds and localized content in an easy-to-use, personalized dashboard.
The Galaxy Note 10.1 is powered by an Exynos 5420 quad-core processor and 3GB RAM, and supports HD graphics for gamers. Enhanced multitasking allows users to seamlessly use two different applications side-by-side and easily drag and drop content from one window to another – a major advantage Android has over Apple’s iOS. Moreover, certain apps, such as YouTube and Internet, can now be activated simultaneously in both windows.
Enhanced Suite of S Pen Features
The Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition comes equipped with an updated S Pen that Samsung says provides a more responsive, productive and overall efficient tablet experience. The enhanced S Pen also introduces several shortcuts and productivity tools at consumers’ fingertips, including:
• Air Command provides instant access to S Pen features, including Action Memo, Scrapbooker, Screen Write, S Finder and Pen Window all in a hover and click of the button on the S Pen from any point on the screen.
• Action Memo gives users a quick way to take a note and link that note to a direct action, instantly perform a task, such as searching the Internet or emailing a contact.
• Scrapbooker capabilities let users organize interesting content with the S Pen and place it into individualized scrapbooks. This feature affords users an easy and functional way to use the S Pen to grab and store videos, photos and clips from Web pages that are linkable back to the original online source. With Scrapbooker, users keep all boards private and then easily choose which content to share.
• Screen Write lets users easily take a screen capture and edit the shot.
• S Finder allows users to search the entire device, including handwritten notes and settings, connected accounts and the web through key words or handwritten symbols.
• Pen Window enhances productivity with a stroke of the S Pen. The feature lets users draw a window on screen using the S Pen, which opens a selection of applications, and then minimize it to hover on any screen as the user interface is navigated; such as for opening a calculator on top of a spreadsheet or quickly setting an alarm.
• S Note enhancements include a more intuitive and easy-to-use interface. Users still have the ability to use the S Pen to take handwritten notes, or use handwriting-to-text, with access to both note files and notepads. With Easy Chart, hand-drawn data can be instantly transformed into more formal charts and graphs.
Content and Services
Samsung is partnering with leading news, productivity and entertainment sources to provide over $600 in bundled content for the Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition. With Galaxy Perks, consumers have access to popular applications and services, including three months free of Hulu Plus and SiriusXM, and one year of free Boingo Hotspot access. The Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition also comes pre-loaded with 50GB of Dropbox free for two years, one year subscription to Bloomberg Businessweek and a 12 week subscription to The New York Times. For more information on Galaxy Perks, visit:
A redesigned Twitter application, with limited exclusivity to the Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition, features S-Pen integration and Multi-Window capabilities for a unique Twitter tablet experience.
In addition, the Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition will include a Samsung Apps widget, which offers users additional content, optimized for the new 10.1-inch tablet and other Samsung devices. The new tablet is also equipped with Samsung’s IR remote capability and WatchON, a search and recommendation service that makes finding TV shows and on-demand video content faster, easier and more personalized, as the hub of the living room.
The Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition is Wi-Fi-enabled and available in 16 and 32GB variations with an additional 64GB of storage available via microSD card expansion. The device comes in two color options, Jet Black and Classic White. The Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition will retail for $ 549.99 and $599.99 for the 16 and 32GB versions, respectively, and will be available for purchase at Samsung Experience Shops at Best Buy, Best Buy Mobile specialty stores, BestBuy.com, Amazon, PC Richard & Son, Fry’s, Tiger Direct, Walmart, Samsung.com and other retailers, with pre-orders beginning at select retailers now being accepted.
For more information, visit: