WaterField Designs has announced its long-anticipated backpack – The Staad. Designed to flow easily from casual to professional office environments.
The Staad’s refined masculine look delivers an immediate fashion upgrade. Its streamlined exterior and thoughtfully-organized interior snugly secure a Mac or commensurate laptop and an iPad or tablet plus accessories – all within a narrow profile. WaterField Designs has been designing and manufacturing innovative laptop sleeves, bags and cases for digital gear in San Francisco since 1998.
The Staad’s slim tapered form keeps contents compact and optimizes capacity. A handsome World War II-era buckle – once used to instantly access ammunition – can be opened with a quick flick. Plush, padded interior pockets keep a laptop and tablet secure and the main compartment organized, while angled, zippered, side pockets stash small necessities like keys and an iPhone 5s. A quick-grab leather handle provides an additional carrying option. Neoprene cushioning and moisture-wicking material keep the wearer comfortable and dry.
“This backpack will kick your style up a notch” explains Gary Waterfield, company founder. “We’ve finally found a design that works in the office as well as outside of work. No excessive straps dangling, no bulky outside pockets, just a clean, finished look. And it holds your laptop and tablet securely, along with power cords and more for those all-day meetings.”
The Staad BackPack($319 – $329)
• Body: Water-resistant tan waxed-cotton canvas or customized, 1050 denier black ballistic nylon
• Flap and trim: Naturally-tanned leather in black, chocolate or grizzly brownall from a master tanner here in the United States
• Hardware: Vintage WWII-era ammunition clip; splash-proof YKK zippers
• Designed, developed and manufactured at WaterField Designs San Francisco sewing shop
WaterField Designs ships worldwide from its online store. Available now. Staad BackPacks are made-to-order.
The Staad Laptop BackPack
• Price: Two sizes: Slim$319; Stout$329.
• Colors: BackPack bodytan waxed-cotton-canvas or black ballistic nylon.
• Flap and accent colorsblack, chocolate or grizzly leather.
• Dimensions: Slim15.5 x 12 x 1 to 3 inches. Stout16 x 14.25 x 1.5 to 5.5 inches.
Price: $319 to $329
– Tan waxed canvas or black ballistic nylon
– Three naturally-tanned leather flap and accent colors
– Two sizes: Slim and Stout
All WaterField Designs products are manufactured to exacting standards entirely in San Francisco
For more information, visit: