Your editor’s favorite OS X test editing app, Tex-Edit Plus, is now available in version 4.9.17. TE+ is a scriptable, ASCII text editor that fills the gap between a Apple’s bare-bones TextEdit and a full-featured word processor. It’s fast, efficient, and has a clean, uncluttered interface. It’s also great for cleaning up text which is transmitted over the Internet.
It also has the best implementation of Apple’s AppleScript, a wonderful, Mac-only technology that allows ordinary people to create automated shortcuts with minimal effort. I use it for nearly all of my HYML markup chores, and Doug Adams’ official AppleScripts for Tex-Edit Archives is filled with downloadable scripts, and hints, tips, examples, and step-by-step instructions for anyone interested in saving time and avoiding repetitive stress injuries.
Tex-Edit Plus 4.9.17 also supports Apple’s new Automator, which has been drastically enhanced for OS X 10.9 Mavericks, the latest Mac operating system. With 36 custom Automator actions and unrivaled AppleScript recordability, Tex-Edit allows you to create custom scripts and workflows with the push of a button. Of course, if your time is of little or no value, please feel free to ignore AppleScript and Automator.
Natural-sounding OS X voices are now available. If you use Tex-Edit’s speech facilities to proofread documents (or if you want to find out what Eliza really thinks about you), check out the high quality voices produced by Cepstral.
Tex-Edit Plus is shareware ($15), but is not locked, crippled, time-limited, or ad-infested. You can Tex-Edit Plus for free as long as you like and only pay if you want to.
Versions for Power PC and Mac Classic still available as well.
For more information, visit:
Eddie Free OS X Text Editor
Eddie is a programmer’s editor for Mac OS X and Gnome Linux. Inspired by the Macintosh Programmer’s Workshop, Eddie brings some of the Workshops’s powerful features into a modern lightweight and capable programmer’s editor.
Originally written for BeOS, it is lightweight, fast and responsive. Currently actively developed on the Mac, it is a modern, fully native Mac app, well integrated into the latest versions of Mac OS X. Beta of a Gnome Linux version also available.
• Full featured editor with an extensive set of powerful editing commands, unlimited Undo and more.
• Innovative keyboard shortcuts such as Smart Swap.
• Worksheet windows with a full bash shell integration, enhanced Tab-completion support
• Magic prototyper greatly simplifies C++ and Obj-C development
• Advanced indexer with symbol lookup and completion of C/C++/Obj-C code
• Rich #ifdef balancing, commenting
• Multiple clipboards with an extended feature set for complex copy-paste jobs
• Worksets allow organizing files into project-like groups
• Git and Subversion source control integration
• Support for automatic makefile generation
• Search/Replace supports regular expressions, multi-file, incremental search
• Documents may be opened as tabs
• Windows may be split horizontally and vertically into several panes
• Extensive plugin API gives plugins full control over the application
• Open and save to SFTP servers allows easy remote file editing
• Enhanced regex search in the Find window
• Every keyboard shortcut fully configurable (includes plugin commands)
• Support for source control systems like Git, Subversion, Perforce, CVS
• Optional Emacs-like keymap support
• Super-fast, handles huge files easily
For more information, visit: