Houston, Texas based online storage and collaboration provider MediaFire today announced the launch of the Public Beta of MediaFire Desktop, a free application for OSX and Windows that enables users to instantly upload, collaborate, and share their media in the cloud, directly from their desktop.
Designed to complement MediaFire’s online storage service, MediaFire Desktop keeps your online and locally stored files safe and in sync. From backing up your important work, to sharing your vacation photos, MediaFire Desktop lets you store and access all of your media, everywhere you go. And with up to 50 GB of free storage, MediaFire lets users keep all of their content in one place without the worry of running out of space.
In addition to the launch of the MediaFire Desktop Public Beta, MediaFire has also overhauled their online interface to make sharing, editing, and viewing files easier than ever. The overhaul includes a new, more streamlined UI, and automatic audio and video transcoding and streaming support for over 200 viewable file formats.
MediaFire desktop combines sharing features and huge amounts of storage (50 gigs for free) with a fully automatic file-syncing app for OSX and Windows, and instant file sharing directly from your desktop and Finder window, enabling you to share files in just one click.
“With MediaFire Desktop, we looked to create an intuitive, easy to use application that extends your operating system into the cloud, while giving you complete control over your online storage.” says MediaFire president and CEO Derek Labian. “With the Launch of MediaFire Desktop and our new overhauled Web UI, we are creating the foundation for first seamless cloud designed specifically for media. MediaFire is the safest and most affordable online storage service on the market today, and we are looking forward to working with Developers, OEMS, and our customers around the world to bring new and innovative features and apps to our award winning online storage service.”
MediaFire Desktop Features at a Glance
• Seamless integration: MediaFires interface Integrates directly into your OSX Finder and Windows Explorer Windows, making working with your data on any linked device feel natural.
• Automatic File Sync: MediaFire automatically updates all of your media to the cloud, and keeps all of your files up to date.
• Social by Design: Instantly share and collaborate with others directly from your desktop. MediaFire Desktop supports instant sharing with your favorite networks, including Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest, Twitter, Bloggr, and embedded link sharing for your favorite online blogging platforms.
• Activity Feed: Keep track of all MediaFire system activity; including updates to your files by other users, new files received from your contacts, and system status messages.
• Automatic File Version Tracking: Organize your files by date, edit history, and type. MediaFire features automatic duplicate removal to enable you to maximize your online storage space.
• Screenshot capturing: Instantly capture, annotate (with text, arrows, and boxes), and share a screenshot of your desktop.
MediaFire Web New Features:
• Streamlined UI and Future Web Application Support: Easily access and share all of your music, videos, photos, and files through our highly responsive web interface.
• Automatic Audio & Video Transcoding: Download audio and video in the perfect optimized format for your device, instantly. Files can also be streamed at multiple resolutions in real-time, with over 200 supported viewable file formats available at launch.
• Social File Management: Manage all of your shared files and instantly share your files through Facebook, Twitter, and Email.
• Permissions and Access Management: Share the files that you want with the people that need them most! Our new permission system radically simplifies collaboration with other users online.
• New Notification System: Instantly see what files have been changed and modified.
• Pro Plan (100 GB to 500 GB, from $4.99/mo to $24.99)
Features complete data backup support, sharing of all file types, redundant backups, bulk downloads, and access to MediaFire’s premier support line.
• Business (1TB to 100TB from $49.99/mo to $2,799.99/mo):
Offers all of the advanced MediaFire features, as well as web analysis tools, branded site and sharing options, file-drop, and multi-user management.
Also available for iPhone, Android and Web, MediaFire claims to be the only online storage solution to offer unlimited downloads, download resuming, zero wait times and more, all for free. According to the company, every month, more than 150 million people use MediaFire to quickly and securely store, organize and share all their personal and work data.
For more information, visit:
For information on how your organization can use MediaFire to enhance your business, visit: