MCE Technologies (MCE) has announced that it has begun shipping the first-ever internal Blu-ray recordable drive for MacBook Pro. The MCE Internal Blu-ray Recordable Drive for MacBook Pro can record data and high definition video to 25GB, 50GB, and 100GB Blu-ray recordable discs, and can play back commercial Blu-ray movie titles directly on the MacBook Pro with software included with the drive. In addition to recording and playing high capacity Blu-ray media, the drive is also a full-fledged SuperDrive and reads and writes all CD and DVD media. The Internal Blu-ray Recordable Drive is compatible with all models of MacBook Pro released since late 2008 with a built-in optical drive, and has a retail price of $199.00 – available for immediate shipment.
“We’re thrilled to be first to market with an internal Blu-ray recordable drive designed specifically for the MacBook Pro,” says MCE president Arnold Ramirez. “The drive allows for on-the-go authoring of high definition movies to Blu-ray disc using software such as Final Cut Pro as well as allowing for the playback of commercial Blu-ray titles using the included Mac Blu-ray Player software.”
The MCE Internal Blu-ray Recordable Drive for MacBook Pro can record data and video to high capacity 25GB single-layer and 50GB dual-layer write-once Blu-ray BD-R media at 6X (27MB/sec), to 100GB triple-layer write-once Blu-ray BD-R XL media at 4X (18MB/sec), and to 25GB, 50GB, and 100GB rewritable BD-RE discs at up to 2X (9MB/sec). The drive includes Mac Blu-ray Player software for the playback of commercial Blu-ray movies natively on the Mac. Commercial Blu-ray movie playback requires an Intel Core 2 Duo processor running at 2.0GHz, or faster, and at least 2GB of RAM. The drive is compatible with Apple’s DVD Player application for the playback of DVD movies as well as with Finder Burning for burning Blu-ray Discs, DVDs and CDs at the Finder level. The drive is bootable and is fully compatible with all DVD and CD recordable media on the market today and can record to standard DVDR media at up to 8X (11MB/sec) speed, to DVDR DL (Double/Dual Layer) media at up to 4X (5.5MB/sec) speed, to DVDRW at up to 6X speed, and to CD-R and CD-RW media at up to 24X speed.
Available exclusively from MCE, the new Blu-ray Player/Recorder + 8X Dual-Layer SuperDrive for Unibody MacBook Pro is a direct replacement for the original 8X SuperDrive that shipped with your machine and installs into your MacBook Pro in precisely the same manner to ensure stability and slot-alignment. The drive is Mac OS X 10.5 through 10.9 (Mavericks) compatible. And because it burns Blu-ray discs too you can author High Definition Blu-ray Movies directly to 25GB, 50GB, BD-R and BD-RE discs and burn data to up to 100GB BD-XL TL discs.
Included is an illustrated installation guide and all the tools you need to successfully install the drive into your machine. If you are not comfortable with working on your system, you may have the upgrade professionally installed into your computer by MCE Technologies or one of our worldwide Authorized Upgrade Centers. If you would like MCE to install the upgrade for you, they offer the following options:
• With the Supreme SuperDrive Upgrade Service ($99), MCE will overnight you a shipping package and overnight return shipping label that you may use to send your computer to the MCE Service Center for upgrade. Once MCE has performed the upgrade(s), usually within 2-3 business days, MCE will ship the computer back to you according to the shipping option selected at the time the order was placed.
• With the Standard SuperDrive Upgrade Service ($49), once you order the MCE upgrade online here, you make arrangements to ship your computer to the MCE Service Center at the address shown below using packaging that you supply. It’s suggested that you use the computer’s original packaging, or comparably protective packaging. Once MCE has performed the upgrade(s), usually within 2-3 business days, MCE will ship the computer back to you according to the shipping option selected at the time the order was placed using the same packaging in which MCE received the computer.
Once installed the drive will perform exactly like the original SuperDrive, except now with the ability to play Blu-ray movies and burn Blu-ray discs. The drive is bootable and can be used to install system software and applications as well as play and record all types of CD, DVD, and Blu-ray formats and media.
• Watch commercial High Definition Blu-ray movies right on your MacBook Pro with the included Mac Blu-ray Player software
• Write to 25GB and 50GB BD-R and BD-RE media, and even up to 100GB onto a single triple-layer Blu-ray BD-XL TL disc
• All-in-one BD-R/RE, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW and CD-R/RW recorder designed to offer the widest possible playback compatibility.
• Record to Blu-ray (BD) media at up to 6x speed, DVD media at up to 8x speed and to CD media at up to 24x speed.
• Slot-loading mechanism
• 2MB cache buffer
• Buffer underrun protection
• Compatible with iDVD, iTunes, iPhoto, Finder Burning, DVD Studio Pro, Apple DVD Player, Roxio Toast, Final Cut, Adobe Premiere Pro
The MCE Internal Blu-ray Recordable Drive for MacBook Pro, available now for $199.00, includes installation instructions, an installation toolkit, a rewritable Blu-ray Disc, and Mac Blu-ray Player Software. More information can be found online at the MCE Technologies web site.
MCE Technologies :
MCE Internal Blu-ray Recordable Drive for MacBook Pro: