Kensington has announced the introduction of its SafeGrip Rugged Carry Case and Stand for iPad Air and GummyGrip Stylus for Kids to be used in school environments. The products will be available for pre-order online at Kensington.com.
The iPad has quickly become a big hit with educators around the world — with as many as 8 million iPads having been sold directly to schools. When you consider that 5-10% of school iPads are damaged annually, you can understand the need to proactively protect these tablet investments.
“Let your students experience all the learning that the iPad enables with our SafeGrip Rugged Case and GummyGrip Stylus. These products are tailored for tablets used in education environments, so that you have peace of mind knowing your iPad investment is safe during all your classroom activities,” says Judy Barker, Senior Global Product Manager at Kensington.
The Apple iPad has changed the classroom, opening a whole new world of hands-on learning for kids. There’s just one problem — kids will be kids! Sensitive electronics like the iPad Air just weren’t made to withstand the punishment that kids can dish out.
That’s where the Kensington SafeGrip Rugged Carry Case and Stand comes in. By wrapping the iPad Air in a tough, padded case complete with screen protection, the Kensington SafeGrip Rugged Carry Case and Stand kid-proofs the iPad Air against drops, bumps and scratches. A thick, sturdy handle that’s perfect for kids’ hands to help prevent drops also functions as a two-position stand. The built-in stylus holder means fewer fingers on the iPad Air Retina display, and less of a chance to spread germs during the cold and flu season.
To prevent claims of “Hey that’s my iPad!” there’s a personalization pocket to help identify the user, and it’s easy to wipe off when it inevitably gets dirty. A built-in anchor for a ClickSafe lock (sold separately) prevents theft after the kids have gone home. So protect your investment and kids’ valuable learning time with the Kensington SafeGrip Rugged Carry Case and Stand for iPad Air.
Kensington SafeGrip Rugged Carry Case and Stand for iPad Air (Charcoal – K67808WW; Blueberry – K67809WW; SRP $54.99)
The Kensington SafeGrip Rugged Carry Case & Stand wraps the iPad Air in a tough, padded case complete with screen protection. It also has a thick, sturdy handle that’s perfect for kids’ hands, plus a built-in stylus holder and personalization pocket.
• Built to survive the shared-use school environment
• Protects screen against scratches and smudges
• Handle doubles as a stand with type and view modes
• Preserves access to all ports
• Built-in ClickSafe Security Anchor (ClickSafe lock sold separately)
• Recommended Locks: Kensington ClickSafe Custom Keyed Laptop Lock – Master (K64639M) and Kensington ClickSafe Combination Laptop Lock (K64697)
Kensington GummyGrip Stylus for Kids (Blueberry – K97186WW; Tangerine – K97187WW; Charcoal – K97185WW; SRP $12.99) –
Kids love playing and learning on tablets. It’s fun and interactive. But all those fingerprints mean having to clean off the screen repeatedly. That’s why Kensington has developed the GummyGrip Stylus for Kids. It not only keeps the screen free of smudges, but in the shared-use environments like a classroom, it can also reduce the spread of germs. The GummyGrip has a firm tip that’s highly durable, so it won’t wear out even after extended use. Because kids tend to put things in their mouths that they shouldn’t, Kensington designed the GummyGrip only with non-toxic materials in an ergonomic shape that’s ideal for small hands. A lanyard loop allows the stylus to be worn like a necklace, minimizing the chances for the stylus to get misplaced
· Firm, durable tip allows for extended usage on a tablet without leaving fingerprints on the screen.
· Non-Toxic materials completely safe if child put the stylus in his/her mouth or chews on it.
· Lanyard Loop convenient option that allows the stylus to be worn like a necklace, decreasing the chance the stylus can get misplaced or lost
· Ergonomic Shaping molded specifically to fit with a small hand, making it easier to use and hold onto while interacting with a touchscreen.
· Works with SafeGrip built in stylus holder