Maxthon today announced the inaugural release of Maxthon for Linux, bringing its high performance seamless browsing to the world’s most popular Open Source OS, ensuring faster speed, improved performance and an overall out-of-the-box browsing experience.
Running on an optimized WebKit core made faster by Maxthon’s in-house WebKit R&D team, Maxthon clains its Linux browser features superior page rendering speeds and performance enhancements evident throughout the browsing experience.
“We’re glad to now offer the best of Maxthon to the Linux community,” says Jeff Chen, founder and CEO of Maxthon. “The kinds of people who use Linux: — ahead of the curve, independent pioneers- are simpatico with Maxthon’s core user base.”
Maxthon for Linux stands apart from the minimalist, no-feature characteristics common to most major browsers with unique features including:
• Magic Fill: An AES 256 level encrypted password and user account prompt
• Personalized Quick Access: Set and arrange a ‘speed dial’ of the most-commonly-visited websites
• Maxthon Passport Account: A free service that allows users to encrypt and share Favorites, Quick Access and Magic Fill Data across different devices using Maxthon
• Mouse Gestures: Execute common browser commands like ‘forward, back and reload’ by ‘drawing’ a gesture with the mouse
• Easy Tab Management: Right and left click close and reload last tabs visited
• ‘Restore Last’ button: One click and the browser will restore and reload the most recent session
• Extensions: Native support for extensions, including full interoperability with Chrome Extensions
All of these features come with Maxthin’s elegant design that evokes and follows the design and usability conventions from other Maxthon browsers on other platforms.
“The addition of Linux takes our core value proposition – high performance, independent, multi-platform browsing – one step further,” says Karl Mattson, VP of Maxthon’s International Division. “Desktop computing is evolving beyond the one-OS-to-rule-them-all dynamic and as that develops, Maxthon will be right there offering high performance alternative web browsers on the platforms that matter.”
Download Maxthon for Linux
For more information, including about Maxthon for OS X, iOS, and Windows visit: