Corel has quickly responded to Apple announcing that Aperture development will be ending by affirming that Corel AfterShot Pro 2 is ready and able to meet the needs of users looking to move away from orphaned Aperture.
Launched last month, the new AfterShot Pro 2 offers competitive upgrade pricing ($59) to Aperture users, and already supports use of a more Aperture-like file system to manage your photos. In the coming weeks, Corel say they will be looking for more ways to help make the transition easy for Aperture users.
Corel AfterShot Pro 2, a fast 64-bit RAW photo manager, features powerful RAW conversion, photo editing and adjustment, and photo management features. AfterShot Pro 2, which is available for Windows, Mac and Linux, sells for $79.99, with standard and competitive upgrade prices at $59.99.
“AfterShot Pro 2 was designed to answer a single question. What’s the most important thing we can do to improve a photographer’s workflow? Our answer is lightning-speed RAW photo management for Windows, Mac and Linux,” says Greg Wood, Product Manager, Corel Photo Editing. “Substantially faster than Adobe Lightroom and roughly half the price, AfterShot Pro 2 offers improved photo editing features and new camera profiles that photographers need to create their best work.”
New in version 2:
- Updated RAW camera profiles: Adding 26 new profiles, AfterShot Pro 2 supports more than 250 camera profiles, including RAW formats from all major camera manufacturers. New camera profiles will be updated throughout the year. Read more about supported cameras at http://www.aftershotpro.com
- Workspace enhancements: Enjoy a more fluid workflow with a modern, streamlined interface. Enhanced Zoom delivers better previewing of smaller images, and a new Image Reset button lets you undo all your changes and view your original photo in a single click.
- Complete High Dynamic Range (HDR) tools (Windows): Now available in the Windows version and coming later this summer to Mac and Linux, new HDR tools make it simple to create stunning photos with intense visual contrast. Combine multiple exposures to create a single, stunning HDR photo. Apply Smart Photo Fix, White Balance, Brightness/Contrast, Fill Light/Clarity, Local Tone Mapping, High Pass Sharpening, and Digital Noise Removal.
- Easier batch processing: Redesigned batch processing controls make it simpler and faster to configure any batch processing task.
- Red Eye Removal: New manual Red Eye Removal gives you precise control when cleaning up your photos.
- Local Contrast: Recreate the look of a high-end camera lens and make objects within an image ‘pop’ by bringing out the texture and dimension in your photos.
- Bigger Images, Better TIFF performance: 64-bit performance supports much larger images including files of up to 250 Megapixels and TIFF files larger than 30MB.
- Noise reduction by Athentech: Optimize your images with new Athentech Imaging Noise Removal. This award-winning technology automatically adjusts lighting for every pixel in a shot while maintaining true color and zero clipping.
For a limited time, AfterShot Pro, PaintShop Pro X6, Apple Aperture and Adobe Lightroom 5 registered customers may purchase AfterShot Pro 2 at the upgrade price.
To download a free, fully-functional trial version or for more information on Corel AfterShot Pro 2 visit: