Apple today released the new iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max. New and different features include:
– New colors.
– Stainless steel case.
– New front design with pill-shaped cut out for the front camera.
– New space called Dynamic Island where the pill cut out area expands to provide notifications and background activity.
– Pro display, 6.1″ and 6.7″, thinner borders, 2000 nits peak brightness.
– Always-On Display showing widgets and notifications.
– A16 Bionic Chip, 4nm, 6-Core CPU/5-Core GPU.
– 48mp camera, 65% larger than on the 13 Pro, quad-pixel sensor.
– 100% Focus pixels.
– 2X the low-light capability compared to the 13 Pro.
– New 12mp 2X telephoto category, 48mp Pro Raw.
– eSIM for no cards, multiple plans and phone numbers.
– Car crash detection with a new gyroscope and accelerometer, similar to the Apple Watch 8.
– Emergency SOS satellite system enabling communication with satellites with custom short texts. Also allows use of the Find My app. Will be free for 2 years, launching in November 2022.
The iPhone 14 Pro starts at $999, $1099 for iPhone 14 Pro Max, at Apple and will be available September 9th with shipping on September 16th. Trade-in offers will be available from Apple’s wireless carriers.
For the latest prices & sales, keep an eye on our iPhone Price Tracker, updated daily. We’ll be updating the tracker with iPhone 14 Pro models as information comes in from retailers.