Apple today released an updated 13″ MacBook Air with faster processors, and updated Magic Keyboard, twice the storage, and a lower $999 price point (down from $1099).
According to Apple’s press release, “Apple today updated MacBook Air, the world’s most loved notebook, with faster performance, the new Magic Keyboard, twice the storage and a new lower price of $999, and $899 for education. The new MacBook Air delivers up to two times faster CPU performance and up to 80 percent faster graphics performance, letting customers breeze through daily activities and play more games. Now starting with 256GB of storage, MacBook Air allows customers to store even more movies, photos and files. With its brilliant 13-inch Retina display for vivid images and sharp text, Touch ID for easy login and secure online purchases, spacious trackpad, and all-day battery life combined with the power of macOS Catalina, it’s the best MacBook Air ever made”
10th generation Intel Core processors are offered ranging up to a a 1.2GHz 4-Core i7 with Intel Iris Plus graphics. The Magic Keyboard is similar to the new keyboard offered on the 16″ MacBook Pro, replacing the older-style keyboard that experienced problems with sticking keys.
In addition to twice the standard SSD storage, the new 2020 MacBook Air has the following additional features:
– A three-mic array for more clear voice capture for FaceTime calls with friends and family.
– The industry-best Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and multi-touch navigation.
– Thunderbolt 3 ports for data transfer, charging and video output in a single connector.
– Support for up to a 6K external display, a first for MacBook Air.
– Advanced stereo speakers for immersive, wide stereo sound for activities like watching Apple TV+ content or playing games in Apple Arcade.
Two standard configurations are available today at Apple:
We’ll be updating our 13″ MacBook Air Price Tracker with the latest information on these new 2020 13″ MacBook Airs as information comes in from Apple and its resellers.