Yumiko Itoh, developer of OS X apps LightWayText and iText, has released a new product; iWriters for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad — a Text Editor With Dropbox and Evernote Support.
iWriters provides all the power you expect from a full-featured multipurpose text editing program – writing and editing several text documents at a time, saving each file hierarchically in your memory, exchanging them between iOS devices and a Mac, PC, or other devices. You can email an editing text instantly. iWriters also allows you to use the Dropbox or the Evernote directly online, and supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion.
* Create, open, edit, and modify multiple text documents in parallel, and save each one hierarchically in your memory.
* Writing and editing are so natural – using just your fingers, and the standard onscreen keyboard and spell checker, and autocapitalize sentences help you write. Buttons like a keyboard’s arrow keys do come in mighty handy to move an editing cursor to the left and the right.
* For a closer look, zoom in a text up to 500% by pinching out.
* Capable of both landscape and portrait.
* Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion.
* Send any currently open text, or part of this text directly from iWriters via email.
* Save, open, and sync files onto/from/with the Dropbox Server and the Evernote directly in iWriters.
* You can sync iWriters text files to a Mac or PC manually in iTunes.
* The left edge of the screen is useful. Jump to a particular line by tapping, or scroll up or down very quickly by dragging.
* With a few taps, change the selection to uppercase, lower case, or capitalize, or also change it to double width or the normal width.
* Search & Replace. Search the current text or all files for any word or phrase including diacritic letters. You can search for a text with the Regular Expression as well.
* A variety of text settings. Select which best suits your editing – the text style, including the font, size, color, adjustment, margins, etc.
* Keep the file-compatibility while exchanging files between a Mac, PC, or other devices. You can save all the files remaining their character encodings and New Line codes as you opened each file.
* Choose any you want from LF, CRLF, or CR to the return code, and from ASCII, UTF-8, Western (Windows-1252), or Western (Mac OS Roman) to the character encoding.
* Browse the statistics for the whole text or the current selection, including the number of characters, words, paragraphs, and indicate the line numbers.
* Change the overall look of iWriters by choosing appearance options, including the background color, ruled line, and Navigation bar.
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Requires iOS 5.1 or later.
The iWriters User Guide is available online at:
For more information about LightWay, visit: