PhatWare’s WritePro is a new word processor, notetaker, handwriting recognition and collaboration app for iOS devices, delivering the tools you need needed for content creating, editing, and sharing rich text documents on-the-go
Pitched by the developer as “the ultimate word processor and note-taking app for iPhone and iPad,” WritePro builds on PhatWare’s WritePad handwriting recognition technology by adding rich text editing which can be combined with images, custom drawings, text, and access to various system resources such as email, contacts, maps, iCloud, social networks, and others. WritePro creates HTML and PDF documents and can open text, Microsoft Word, RTF and HTML files for editing.
WritePro leverages the same handwriting recognition engine that powers PhatWare’s WritePad and PhatPad apps, but adds advanced shorthand features which enable users to format text using written commands. Users can scribble shorthand commands to change font, paragraph and other formatting options, insert emotions and user-defined text blocks, invoke translator, maps and other resources, and much more.
For users who need to collaborate with people in other countries, WritePro offers integration with an online language translator. Notes can be written in English, for example, and then can be automatically converted to Spanish or fifteen other common languages.
Document sharing is a key element of WritePro, offering a large number of ways to share and collaborate with documents. WritePro documents are standard HTML files which can be viewed on any computer using any modern Internet browser and can be easily shared via HTML email, Twitter, Facebook and iMessage. Documents can further be synchronized with Box, Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, iCloud, Evernote, and Google Drive. Users can also print and export documents as PDFs.
WritePro’s main features include:
• Handwriting recognition, including self-learning adaptive handwriting recognition engine, statistical vocabulary analyzer, and multilingual support (English (UK, US), German, French, Spanish, Portuguese (BR, EU), Italian, Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, and Finnish)
• Spell checker with user dictionary and customizable auto-corrector
• Customizable shorthand commands
• Supported document formats include text, HTML, RTF, and Microsoft Word.
• Text formatting includes all standard options, including font formats (size, face, bold, italic, underline, strikethrough, and color) and paragraph formats (alignment, ordered list, unordered list, hierarchical lists, and indent)
• Sketch capability allowing users to insert custom drawings or handwritten text into HTML documents
vIntegration with contacts, maps, events, email and iCloud
• Document import formats
Text (TXT), HTML, RTF, Microsoft Word (DOC, DOCX)
• Text formatting
Font: size, face, bold, italic, underline, strikethrough, color
• Paragraph: alignment, ordered list, unordered list, hierarchical lists, indent.
Insert or take new photo
Sketch draw your own picture
Integration with contacts, maps, and events.
• Document sharing
Document format: standard HTML, which can be viewed with any modern Internet Browser
• Synchronization: iCloud, Evernote, Google Derive, Microsoft OneDrive, Box, Dropbox, directly with iTunes.
• Send HTML emails, iMessage
Export to PDF
Social Networks: Twitter, Facebook integration
• Other Features
Translator: translate documents to 16 supported languages (uses Bing translator)
• File manager: sort files by date, size, or name, organize documents in subfolders, text search.
• Social media support, including the ability to post to Twitter or Facebook from within the app
WritePro documents are standard HTML files that can be viewed on any computer using practically any internet browser and can be easily shared via email, synchronization with Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, iCloud, Evernote, and Google Drive, Twitter, Facebook and iMessage. You can also print exported as PDF, and translate to other languages. WritePro also features integration with events, contacts, maps, and other iOS resources.
WritePro stores documents in standard HTML format, but also offers PDF export and import of RTF, Microsoft Word, HTML and Text documents. HTML can also be used to create and send rich text emails. The included sketch capability allows you to insert custom drawings into your documents and emails. Additionally, you can open any image already inserted into your document and draw on top of it in the sketch mode.
To further improve recognition quaintly and provide the palm-rest functionality the WritePro is integrated with Adonit Jot Touch Bluetooth stylus.
• Apple iPad (any generation)
• iOS 7.0 or later
WritePro is a universal app for iPhone and iPad and iPod touch, and is available on the iTunes App Store for a special introductory price of US$9.99.
For more information about WritePro, visit PhatWare’s web site at: